Monday, April 4, 2011

Got fog?

You got some foggy headlights? Well I did. For someone as obsessed with my car as I am, I'm surprised that I let this get so bad. It was bad when I bought the car and over the last yr. had gotten to the point where I needed to ride with my real fog lights on at night b/c my low beams are so dim. So anyway, my dad bought me this one-time use kit (about $30)
It's a few different sanding grades and you just go from roughest to softest. First you have to tape off the light w/ painter's tape, to protect everything else.
Then you begin the sanding. The first pass over freaked me out cause the whole light gets SUPER foggy. Patience young grasshopper. This too shall pass.
After 2 more grades of sandpaper, you load up on the special wax. Then buff it off.
After running down the battery on two different power drills, we finally got a corded one. Ha.
Tah Dah! I am SO pleased with the outcome.
So while I dug into my lights, my friend Tonka rescued things a few times and also worked on his new baby. I don't even know how to describe this guy, who has now been named Lt. Dan.
Have a great night!

1 comment: