Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cherry Tom Salad

I don't know if you all know this but my grandmother is an excellent gardener. Like ridiculous. These pictures are from last season but I visited her one day and she was like "ohh here, have some stuff from my garden." She was going to let the cherry tomatoes rot b/c there were too many to pick.
I mean look at the size of these babies! Have you ever seen garlic cloves this big?
Who I stole the treat idea from: My cousin's wedding caterer
Prep Time: 30 min
# of ingredients: lots
Nutrition info: really good for you, with exception to the cheese.

The portions are this are really up to preference. I have to say the cilantro makes the salad so go crazy with it. Here are my approximations.
  • A cup or two of diced cheese (this is Parmesan)
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro...yes a cup
  • 6 cups of quartered cherry tomatoes. (If you don't have an awesome granny like me, this ingredient could get expensive)
  • 3 cups chopped bell pepper


Throw it in a bowl
Mix it up
Then add 1.5 cups of apple cider vinegar (maybe more) and .5 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Oh! then graded Parmesan. Lots of it.
Close upBon Appetit!

7 comments: