Well the boy I like (who from this post on will be referred to as Bama) has access to lots of pallets that are always up for grabs. Naturally, I'm gonna jump on that. I saw a wonderful headboard on Pinterest that I wanted to replicate.
I got to work pulling apart some of the pallets that he brought home.
Select the boards you like, then measure them the correct length for your bed size. I had to saw down some of my boards to make them fit. This was also helpful since some had imperfections or were splitting, yet still had lots of character.
Screw in the back support with a thin board on each side.
Then, go away to camp for a week, and maybe the boy you like will sand it down and come put it up in your bedroom with the aid of one of your sneeky roommates :)
I still have plans to paint something on it like in the Pinterest picture, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I am thinking the quote for Pride and Prejudice... "I love you, most ardently" Ohhhhhh Mr. Darcy gets me every time. 
I also have plans to make some new throw pillows. I bought these freshman yr. of college for my "cool" college apartment and then mom oil painted the picture above to match them. The pillows are getting pretty worn. I love my duvet cover too. I'll brag for a sec. I tie dyed it myself! Rubberbanded that thing till my fingers bled.
More on my bedroom to come!
More on my bedroom to come!



Nice work, way to go!!
ReplyDelete