Prep Time: 1 Hour if you're efficient
# of ingredients: 3
Nutrition info: You may as well wipe it on your thighs
I buy generic; no one will ever notice a difference. This treat is so rich that you can buy low fat and whatever w/out being able to tell a difference. You can also buy whatever morsels you want. We're gonna use all of everything.
Crumble up the entire package of “Oreos” by hand. And dump them in food processor.
Add the cream cheese to the top, then blend. It will take a few minutes and you may have to stop and move everything around w/ a spoon.
Don’t stop blending till it’s the consistency of thick hummus. It’s a necessity you eat a spoon full of this. I don't care how many carbs you've already had today.
Make spoonful-ish size balls and then put in the fridge or freezer till they’re firm. You can use the Oreo tray. Don’t worry; you’ll get plenty of other dishes dirty.
The double boil. Fill the pot w/ just enough water to bring to a boil. The boiling water in the pot should not reach the bottom of the glass bowl. It will make the chocolate get hard and burn on the bottom. Once it’s all melted, you can take it off the stove.
Cover the balls with chocolate. Don’t burn your fingers. Lick fingers upon completion.
Ta Daa. Y’all, these taste like sin. Put wax paper on a pan and let them cool in the fridge. I threw a little coconut on the back ones.
Summertime warning: These melt easily in the sun.
Enjoy!

I LOVE THESE. and funny thing, i was hanging out with a friend last night and told her I was going to make her some oreo truffles bc she has never had any. they are AMAZING. love the blog :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like these will be great to have around for those fight to the finish energy draws during your triathlon training.
ReplyDeleteNice work on the balls and the blog. I do recommend the inclusion of ingredient amounts though if you want to win points with the notoriously nerdy online food community.
Now if you'll excuse me I must go finish cross-referencing my recipe database. ;)
AT I love your creative blog! Can't wait to see what else you post-up!
ReplyDelete