Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Years of Halloween

I've always wanted to make a compilation of my costumes through the years. Eat your heart out.


2005 - Partly Cloudy with a chance of showers



2007 - My Facebook Profile
 2008 - Bon Qui Qui...you know
2009 - Loofah (Back before EVERONE was a loofah)
2010 - Cuban Miner (you know, the year they all got stuck)
2011 - The Sun Drop Girl
2012 - Social Butterfly
2013 - Nemo
2013 - Jelly Fish
2014 - Mahem
2014 - Bags of Eminems and Eminem Minis
 2014 - That Red Dress Emoji Lady
 2014 - Selfie Absorbed

So anyway how exactly does one make an anemone costume? Well...

1) I started by cutting out some cardboard in the shape of a doughnut. Then I painted it pink and cut a line down the back so that I could slip it on sideways.

Isn't this look so slimming? Don't be fooled. I don't have a thighgap...
2) Buy like a hundred pink balloons off Amazon and use an air compressor to pump them up.
This is gonna take a while so make sure to turn on the latest episode of Downton Abbey.

3) Once you pump up a balloon and tie it off, twist it in the middle and staple directly into the cardboard(making sure not to puncture the balloon). It doesn't always grab so you may have to try a few times.
4) Try on your progress and get excited about how sick it's gonna look.
5) Pair it with "Kevin Bacon" and you'll be doing alriiiight.

3 comments:

  1. Just read your whole blog! Thanks for the yummy recipes. Love your writing and sense of humor. Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to do this sea anemone costume for forever and your blog is great! what do you mean twist in the middle and staple... wont that pop the ballon?

    ReplyDelete